Musica Vesuviana offers an international summer music program for student instrumentalists and vocalists of high school age. The camp takes place at the Fondazione Passarelli. Musica VesuvianaÂ´s curriculum includes an eclectic mix of American and Italian music and musical styles, taught by American and native master teachers. All students will be involved in performances at the institute as well as in the surrounding communities, where they will be able to share their music as well immerse themselves in the rich and varied artistic culture that Italy has to offer.
Program dates: June 24th to July 8th 2013
- - Guitar Ensemble, Rhythm and Bass
- - American Music: Classical, Jazz, Gospel, Pop, Rock, Broadway Musicals,
- - Classes in Ensemble, Music Appreciation, History of Music, Harmony
- - Multimedia lessons
- - Musical/cultural exchanges with Italian students
- - Learning and playing Italian music
- - History of Italian music
- - Basic Improvisation/scat singing
- - Italian Language Lessons
- - Italian culture/history
- - Customized/individual instructions
- - 8:00 AM Breakfast
- - 9:00 to 12:00 Classes
- - 12:30 Lunch
- - 1:30 to 4:30 Afternoon activities/ Free time
- - 4:30 to 6:30 Classes/Rehearsals
- - 7:00 PM Dinner
- - 8:00 Free time
- - Free time/Afternoon activities includes: Walks to town, beach, volleyball, pool, jam-sessions, soccer and tennis.
- - Tour of Pompei
- - Paestum temples and museums
- - Salerno Arechi Castle and Duomo, Vietri, Amalfi Coast
- - Rome (The Vatican, Coliseum, Roman Forum, Sistine Chapel, Trevi Fountain) full day
The program will be held at the Fondazione Passarelli Institute, in the town of S. Marco, Salerno, Cilento Coast, Italy. Located in the heart of the Cilento National Park- a classified World Heritage Site. San Marco offers the charm of the genuine small fishing village. The Institute runs a fully functioning academic and residential facility for the pursuit of cultural studies. The complex includes hotel, dining hall, auditoriums, classrooms, practice rooms, private beach, tennis courts, volleyball and soccer fields. Visit the Institute’s website: www.fondazionepassarelli.it
Over the past 5 years, Italy Music Camp has developed into a world-renowned institution in the heart of a world-class city. Being situated in one of Italy's most historic and dynamic towns, presents students, faculty, and staff with the prospects of a vast array of cultural, academic, and musical offerings.
With this in mind, Italy Music Camp is committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for the study of music and culture. In keeping with that goal, this school continually revises existing policies and procedures to reflect today's security and safety issues.
While we are dedicated to maintaining our campus as a safe, secure, and welcoming place to live and learn, a truly safe environment can only be achieved with everyone's active participation in the process.
We know that our internal community education and awareness efforts make a significant difference in providing a broad range of security and comfort for our community.
$3395 per student (includes airfare)
Family members are welcome to join!
Contact us for student price without airfare, payment plans, refund policy and references.
Save $100 if you sign up before October 1st
- - Round trip air fare from Boston, MA
- - All transportation
- - Hotel accommodations, 3 meals/day, triple-rooms, private bathrooms
- - All gratuities
- - All classes, ensembles, final recital, concerts
- - Five excursions including some guided tours
- - Pre-excursion lectures
- - Access to private pool, beach, tennis courts, soccer, volleyball fields
- - Daily live stream video connection with the US
- - Audio/video recording of festival highlights and the final concert
- -Final students' evaluation